30 years in elite health and fitness worldwide have put Gordon Ellis at the very top when it comes to professional standards, results focus therapy, patient care and most of all getting the results you want. The highest standard of diagnostic assessment, treatment and rehabilitation protocols, learned from the best consultants in the world, puts Gordon through his qualifications, experience and underpinning knowledge base in a position that most would struggle to match.
Gordon started his career as a Royal Marine, Skiing and Mountaineering instructor and later became a physical education teacher, this involved teaching and coaching numerous sports indoors, outdoors and water sports as a National instructor in National sports centres around the UK. He taught as a senior lecturer at Durham University and Teesside University to degree students on BA and BSc courses as well as numerous colleges in the North East region.
Throughout he has maintained his closeness to therapy, education and sport by working on behalf of the football association through Alan Hodgson, head of sports medicine, delivering sports medicine courses regionally. For 10 years he was with Sunderland football club working as physiotherapist to the first team which also covered overlooking the academy.
Gordon's experience took him to the Middle East where he was selected and invited by the club Chairman Abdulla Saeed Juma Al Naboodah to be head of sports medicine and sports science to one of the biggest football teams in the Middle East, Al Ahli FC owned by the Dubai Royal family. Whilst there, setting up the sports medicine and science medical infrastructure from the first team down to academy and overseeing all medical aspects related to their international sports stadium. In his spare time, he worked in the local community voluntarily with disabled people in sport - inspired by a local Dr Fawziea Khalafan. Gordon states he learned a lot whilst living, as he says, 'in a country of vision and passion'. Gordon was also invited to treat his Royal Highness Shaikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai.
In reality it’s been a struggle to select what not to include in this brief summary, not to mention, Director of a soccer school in California, running soccer courses in USA, working with County Durham education on the gifted and talented sports scheme, occupational health contracts with the Home Office and Durham City Council, setting up centres of excellence to cater for neurological condition multiple sclerosis, visiting and working with some of the top medical consultants in the world whilst treating the elite in sport, the list seems endless. Gordon also does a considerable amount of charity work for cancer, stroke and Multiple Sclerosis patients.
You'll be in good hands with Gordon Ellis clinics, his top priority is to keep you well by;
*Establishing your diagnosis
*Preventing your condition deteriorating
*Establishing baseline parameters of your health and condition
*Promoting recovery with no reoccurrence
*Establishing health standards as a way of life.
Chartered and state registered physiotherapist
Member of the health professions council
Member of the chartered society of physiotherapists
Member of the chartered society of physiotherapists in private practice
Gordon Ellis BSc MCSP HPC SRP PGCE
- 10 years 1st team physiotherapist Sunderland football club
- Physiotherapist to His Highness Crown Prince of Dubai
- Head of sports medicine & science to Al Ahli football club Dubai
- Head of sports medicine & science international sports complex Dubai
- Physiotherapist to Liverpool legends celebrity football team
- Physiotherapist to Sunderland football club former players association
- Former Royal Marine
- Physical education instructor
- MLTB mountaineering instructor/ skiing instructor/ kayak instructor
- Senior lecture sports medicine, sports science – Durham - Teesside Universities
- Lecturer on behalf of the football association in sports medicine
- National tutor in physical education teacher training
- National tutor Hydrotherapy
- First Aid instructor
- Tutor / advisor Durham County education authority in sports health /fitness
- Physiotherapist in coordination with the PCT for neurological conditions
- Physiotherapist / fitness instructor / advisor to world class sporting elites and celebrities
See our "testimonials" section for some famous names that endorse our treatments.